Monday, September 26, 2011

end of a decade

My goodness, here it is almost the end of September. The summer has been a busy one and now fall promises to be even more exciting. I'm calling it the season of transition for more reasons than one. Not only will the landscape be transitioning into the dark and cold of winter with very little in the way of vegetation, Dick and I will be transitioning. Our decade of sweet life as full time "trailer trash" is coming to an end. We've ordered a manufactured house for Birdwood and it will be here in just a few more weeks! Our indoor space will suddenly seem vast. Our outdoor space will go from summer to fall to winter to spring if we choose. For ten years we've skipped winter for the most part by driving south and living in the deserts of my beloved southwest, the tropics of Florida, the exotic Texas Gulf coast and a little touch of Southern California's glitter. The older I get the less I like cold weather. I AM liking the thought of a new house and the promise of driving south again after the smell of that new house gets old or my bones get too creaky.

the building site

No comments:

Post a Comment