Thursday, December 1, 2011

have i told you

Well, here it is the first of December. For the past 10 winters, my home has been in Arizona, Florida or Texas. This winter I'm enjoying a new house on our property Birdwood. Have I told you how fabulous it is?

We had snow a couple of weeks ago and it made the mud look wonderful. I won't be posting any photos of the mud until I have some before and after shots. Landscaping and covered decks will happen in the spring.

We decided on a little house that takes advantage of our amazing view of Mt. Hood.

There are plenty of deer to entertain us and our little dog.

There are agates, fossils and petrified wood here. These are my finds from today's walk. A lot of the wood appears to be driftwood. I must find out the species of tree and how old it is.

 A fiery winter sunset.

We see our buddy "Owlie" almost every day.

All those windows provide great light for my jewelry photos. The petrified wood makes a very cool prop.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to be able to see and experience this beauty every day! Congrats on your new house:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Laura. just now saw your comment. happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete